Bright Green Direct is the Trade Only, ecommerce site from Bright Green Technology.
To view prices you must either sign in to your account or sign up for an account.
When you sign up for an account, we will review your application as quickly as possible and let you know when it is approved. If you need a speedy answer please call us on 01932 355 221.
Please note that signing up for a Trade Account DOES NOT give you a credit account. The trade account gives you access to prices only, payment is either via Credit/Debit Card or PayPal.
"Business Customer" means a customer who is not a Consumer.
"Consumer" means an individual who is not acting for the purposes of his or her business or profession.
"Bright Green Technology" means Bright Green Technology Limited also referred to as "we" or "us" in these terms and conditions.
"Catalogue" means the catalogue of products and services offered by Bright Green Technology.
"Force Majeure" means any cause affecting the performance by Bright Green Technology of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
"Normal Working Hours" means 9 am to 5 pm on a Working Day.
"Working days" means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays.
Please note that special terms apply to Consumers, which prevail over the other provisions of these terms and conditions. Customers who are Consumers are referred to Clause J.
All contracts of sale made by Bright Green Technology shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party ("the Customer") with whom Bright Green Technology is dealing. Cancellation of orders by business to business customers is not accepted as many orders are despatched on the same day the order is placed. Cancellation of orders by Consumers will be accepted in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to impinge upon a Consumer's statutory or contractual rights to reject faulty goods.
All orders are subject to acceptance and to availability of the goods ordered: Bright Green Technology is entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
You undertake that:
- all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing goods or services offered on our web site are correct and You, the Customer, accepts that full liability for orders placed using a valid userid and password lies with You and not Bright Green Technology and
- the credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own card or your company's card, that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any goods or services you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any goods or services.
- Please note, Bright Green Technology may record and / or monitor inbound and outbound calls and electronic traffic for training purposes.
- Goods and services are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of acceptance of order. VAT is charged at the rate applicable at the time of invoicing or otherwise in accordance with the law.
- Bright Green Technology reserves the right to modify the prices from time to time.
- Delivery, Title and Risk
- Bright Green Technology shall use reasonable endeavours to despatch goods by the date agreed with the customer, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time where this is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays caused by delivery companies or manufacturer lead times. If a delay is likely, we shall contact the customer and advise of the delay. A customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to cancel an order when advised of a delay if the revised delivery date is not acceptable.
- In the case of a Business Customer, if Bright Green Technology is unable to deliver the goods within 30 days of the agreed delivery date, the Customer will, as its sole remedy, be entitled to cancel the order and require any monies paid to Bright Green Technology in respect of that order to be refunded. In order to cancel, the Customer must send written notice of cancellation to Bright Green Technology after the above date but before delivery of the goods or notification from Bright Green Technology that the goods are ready for delivery. This Clause does not apply to Consumers.
- In the case of Business Customers, Bright Green Technology does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the Customer notifies Bright Green Technology of the shortage or damage in writing within 48 hours of receipt of the delivery. Consumers should notify shortages or damage within a reasonable period of becoming aware.
- Business Customers are required to be able to accept the goods when they are ready for delivery within Normal Working Hours.
- Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the Customer's nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage and all other risks shall pass to the Customer.
- Title in the goods does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full by Bright Green Technology.
- If the Customer cannot accept delivery, Bright Green Technology may at its option: (a) store and insure the goods at the Customer's expense and risk or (b) sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer for any shortfall or (c) re-arrange delivery provided that Bright Green Technology may charge the Customer for the additional delivery costs incurred.
- The Customer may request a Proof of Delivery, provided that this request is made in writing within 3 months of the date of delivery and Bright Green Technology shall use reasonable endeavours to provide such proof. Thereafter, delivery shall be deemed to have been successfully completed.
- Upon delivery of the goods, the Customer will be asked to sign a Proof of Delivery to acknowledge safe receipt. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the number of packages delivered corresponds with the number stated on the delivery note. Where a discrepancy occurs or where there is evident damage to the packaging, this should be noted on the Proof of Delivery. Bright Green Technology shall not be liable for discrepancies or damage evident on delivery where the Customer accepts delivery and signs the Proof of Delivery without amendment.
- Payment is due when the order is placed unless a Customer has been approved for credit. Bright Green Technology's standard credit terms require payment within 30 days from the date of the invoice, except in the case of transactions where different terms are agreed in writing.
- If payment is not made on the due date, Bright Green Technology will be entitled to charge interest daily on the outstanding balance at the rate of 3% above NatWest Bank PLC base lending rate from time to time and in any event an administration fee of £25 shall be applied to each overdue invoice.
- Product specifications
- Bright Green Technology makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications where these are changed by the manufacturer.
- If Bright Green Technology cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, Bright Green Technology reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any money paid to Bright Green Technology in respect of that order, including carriage charges. This shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
- Warranties and Returns
Please note that special terms apply to Consumers who wish to return goods, which prevail over the provisions of this Clause G. Customers who are Consumers are referred to Clause J.
- Bright Green Technology is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases we offer the returns facilities described below.
- Unless otherwise stated, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty.
- If you purchase goods in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Other than the express provisions set out in these terms and conditions, all other terms and the implied terms or warranties relating to the supply of goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
- In the event that Bright Green Technology, at its discretion (unless the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause J), agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned with Bright Green Technology's prior written agreement within 14 days of delivery. The goods must be unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition. All goods returned in these circumstances (except where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause J) will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of Bright Green Technology's sale price for the goods, or £25, whichever is the greater.
- Custom made items such as cut to length LED Strip Lights, LED Profiles & Extrusions and custom sized LED Light Panels are not eligible for return. The reason for this is that if any of these products are cut to a specific length, it becomes very difficult for us to resell that item without incurring a financial loss. When making an order for any of these items, please take extra care to ensure they meet your requirements.
- Subject to testing to verify any alleged fault, we will accept the return of defective goods for full refund or replacement at our option, if, but only if, the goods are returned within 14 days of delivery. Consumers who wish to return defective products are not obliged to follow the processes set out below, but are recommended to do so as this helps us to provide a more efficient returns service.
- Bright Green Technology's technical support staff or Customer Support staff, as appropriate, will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the products. Depending on the nature of the product purchased, we will either arrange a courier collection, or request that you return the product directly to us. If the goods are found on inspection to be defective, the cost of returning the item will be refunded to you. Authorised product returns must be sent to: Customer Returns, Bright Green Technology, Unit 3 Oyster Park, 109 Chertsey Road, Byfleet, KT14 7AX.
- Bright Green Technology offers a "no charge" collection, repair and delivery service (on the UK mainland only) for hardware which is shown to be faulty provided that the fault is reported within 14 days of delivery. If we have arranged for a courier collection of your product, we are unable to specify the collection time, and it is your responsibility to ensure that someone will be present at the collection address when the courier arrives.
- All returned goods (except those returned under Clause J) must be accompanied by Bright Green Technology's Returns Authorisation number ('RA Number') which can be obtained by contacting Customer Support on 01932 355221. Returned goods will not be accepted without an RA Number. Please write the RA number on the address label provided with the Returns Authorisation and attach it to the returned package.
- Bright Green Technology cannot accept liability for packages damaged during transit. It is the Customer's responsibility to wrap the product adequately to prevent damage.
- Proof of postage is not proof of delivery and you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier, and to insure the goods for their full value.
- On receipt of the returned product, we will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us.
- If following the testing process, the product is found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the product to you, and the carriage costs of this return will be your responsibility. Please note that if you have, in the meantime, required us to provide you with a replacement product before completion of the testing process, you will have to pay for this product also. This Clause does not apply to Consumers returning goods pursuant to Clause J.
- This warranty shall not apply if the goods have been worked upon, altered or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents.
- Bright Green Technology's liability
In its dealings with Business Customers, Bright Green Technology shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, including (but not restricted to) loss of business or profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships and other financial loss. ("Financial loss" in this sense does not refer to the price you have paid for the goods, which we may be liable to refund to you, in whole or in part, if the goods are faulty or do not comply with their description). Bright Green Technology's liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced amount of the relevant order.
Nothing in this agreement shall limit Bright Green Technology's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, Bright Green Technology is unable to perform an obligation due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the Customer.
J. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
- Contracts for the purchase of goods by a Customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the Bright Green Technology website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ('the Regulations').
- If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased from Bright Green Technology by sending a written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Customer Services at Bright Green Technology, Unit 3, Oyster Park, 109 Chertsey Road, Byfleet KT14 7AX or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The notice of cancellation must be delivered within 7 working days of the day after date of delivery of the goods.
- The Customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the Customer does not actually return the goods to Bright Green Technology, the Customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the Customer's expense from the address to which they were delivered.
- The Customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to Bright Green Technology and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The Customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.
- The right to cancel does not apply unless both parties agree to it for personalised goods and goods made to customer specification.
9. Errors and Omissions
- Bright Green Technology makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted in its catalogue and on its website are correct and accurate. However, it is inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, Bright Green Technology will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the Customer's order and/or received payment from the Customer. Bright Green Technology's liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the Customer has paid in respect of the order. In the case of a manifest error in relation to price, the Customer will be entitled to purchase the goods by paying the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by Bright Green Technology after the manifest error has been discovered.
- A 'manifest error', as the term is used in sub-paragraph (1) above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by Bright Green Technology which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
10. Confidential Information and Data Protection
Each party shall preserve the confidentiality of all confidential information of the other which it receives, keep such information secure and protected against theft, damage, loss or unauthorised access, and not use such information for any purpose except as contemplated by the Contract. Moreover, each party shall ensure that such obligations are observed by its employees, officers, agents and contractors. These obligations shall survive the variation, renewal or termination of the Contract for a period of three years but shall not apply to information which is already in or subsequently comes into the public domain through no fault of the recipient.
11. Disposal (WEEE) - Commercial Sales
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directive applies to all the products sold by Bright Green Technology. It is a requirement of the directive that all such items are disposed of in a responsible manner. For commercial sales in the UK this means they should be taken to a designated collection facility from where they will be recycled.
The B2B end user is responsible for all liabilities regarding the environmentally sound disposal of this EEE when it is discarded as WEEE.
For local environmental sound disposal, contact 0845 257 7024 or email@example.com for a free no obligation quote for the removal of WEEE items from a B2B end user.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a Consumer.
- If any provision in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing.
- Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised Bright Green Technology official.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent (a) by first class pre-paid post to the last known address of the party; or (b) by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.